SPACE International Conference 2021 on City Planning and Urban Design
The 3rd International Conference on “City Planning and Urban Design” addresses all the aspects of planning and urban studies aiming to discuss the related subjects from different perspectives and research areas. The meeting attracts a substantial number of participants from all over the world. Thus, the Conference establishes an ideal platform for recent advances and research results in architecture, planning, urban design and all interdisciplinary areas such as education, interior architecture, technology, business, gender studies, politics, social sciences and so forth. The scientific quality of the Conference provided by the SPACE International Advisory Board and the variety of the topics are the most important reasons behind this success of the series.
Call for Papers
SPACE Studies of Planning and Architecture invites researchers, policymakers and social partners to share their knowledge from their fields of expertise according to the topics of the Conference.
Cities in Transformation
Transportation and Urban Design
Planning Visions: Past and Present
Civic Participation and Governance
Public Health and Cities
Sustainability and Urban Design
Arts, Culture and Placemaking
Politics and City Planning
Water and Resource Management
Squatters / Slums and Cities
Planning and Sustainable Development
Economy, Industry and Planning
Politics, Social Change and Urban Design
Transformation of Residential Areas
New Ideas in Urban Design
Equality, Inequality and Urban Design
Social Policy and Urban Design
Planning and Instruments of NGOs
Globalisation and Urban Design
Race, Gender, Ethnicity and Urban Issues
Industry, Economy, and Urban Design
Call for Intensives
SPACE would like to announce a new platform of contribution in the conferences called “Intensives” that incorporates a spectrum of possibilities including but not limited to the presentation of concept/notion, research in progress, or an incomplete research demanding a start for potential future collaborations. This platform should follow any of the key formats of:
- short oral PowerPoint presentation;
- recorded video.
In-person or virtual, intensive sessions principally aim to create opportunities of developing the researches that have yet to be complete but need external support of networking for their full accomplishments. The short sessions in the conferences will perform as a multidisciplinary scene to introduce and discuss these projects within the academics and professionals of various disciplines.
1. The initial submission should include the abstract of maximum 300 words. This short abstract would need to be fully presented in any of the three selected above-mentioned formats. It is necessary to clearly state the main concern or question under investigation, and the potential outcome(s) of the research. It is also recommended to include your expectations of selecting this mode of presentation (i.e. asking for advices, looking for potential collaborations or academic partners to develop the research, requiring suggestions on helpful references, etc).
2. Upon approval of the short abstract, the presenter should submit an extended abstract of up to 1000 words elaborating on further details. The long abstract would be published in the conference proceedings and thus, it is highly recommended to apply a minimum of 5 references.
1- In case of selecting the mode of “poster presentation”, it is suggested to apply the more common graphic-presentation sizes (i.e 50cm*70cm or 70*100). Other preferred sizes, however, will be acceptable and just need to be informed prior to the conference for arranging the required space for the presentation. In case of selecting the mode of “short PowerPoint presentation” or “recorded video”, please do not exceed 15 minutes. A time frame of 10-15 minutes is strongly recommended.
2- Intensive submissions for both on site and virtual conferences should be registered as Oral Presentation Category.
Submission and Guidelines
All accepted abstracts and all full papers will be published in the conference e-proceedings with ISBN. The paperback version of the Conference E-Proceedings will also be published and can be purchased either in the Registration process or during the Conferences. Selected papers will be accepted through a double-blind reviewed process and will be published electronically with ISSN in SPACE International Journal on Space Studies in Architecture and Urban Design.
Guidelines are available for papers that will be submitted to SPACE Conferences. These guidelines form the lay-out of the paper, involve title, abstract (maximum of 300 words), keywords, sections and headings, tables, figures, equations, acknowledgements, references, placement of names of authors and co-authors and the length of the paper which should be no more than 10 pages including all text (abstract and main body), figures, tables and references. You can download full paper template.
The abstracts and the full-papers will be uploaded via website. The process will be as follows:
- Click the “Submit your abstract” button below.
- If you haven’t signed up yet, you need to sign up in order to submit your abstract to the conference. So, when you click “Submit your paper” button, the system will enable you to sign up.
- Once you log in, please go to the conference page you want to submit your paper and click “Submit your paper”. This will lead you to the submission page.
- Click “+ New Paper” to submit your abstract.
- Enter your title.
- You can directly text your abstract into the space given by deleting the instructions written for authors or you can copy and paste your abstract to this area.
- Maximum 300 words abstract is required and the space is limited to the required word count.
- The abstract should include the purpose of research, research method, principal results and major conclusions.
- You need to add your keywords down in the section “Abstract Information”. There must be minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 keywords.
- Select the topic and your presentation preference from the right hand side of the page.
- Accept “Terms and Conditions”.
- Click the submit button.
For conferences evaluation process covers abstract evaluation, so please do not attach any additional documents unless you are submitting your final paper as well.
Once you are accepted, you may or may not need to make a second submission.
- If you chose to be an oral presenter, that means that your full paper will not be published (but your abstract will be puslihed) so you will not do the second submission.
- If you chose to be a poster presenter, that means that your abstract and your poster will be published so you need to upload your poster.
- If you chose to be an author or virtual presenter, that means that you need to upload your full-paper. Before submitting your full paper please be sure that you used our full paper template while preparing your paper.
If you are a poster presenter, author or virtual presenter, then after you received the acceptance letter, you will submit your full paper or poster by logging in the website.
- From dashboard click “+New Paper” button.
- Attach your full paper which you used our full paper template to prepare.
29 June 2020
21 June 2021
25 June 2021
19 May 2021
Full-Paper Submission Deadline
5 July 2021
5 July 2021
5 July 2021
9-10 July 2021
Gregory Cowan PHD RIBA
Architects’ Coach, Researcher, Lecturer, Tutor (Pt 1,2,3) and Doctoral Supervisor UWTSD
Gregory works as a freelance academic, and is also currently developing programmes for The Architects Coach, based on more than thirty years of international experience in practice, undergraduate and postgraduate education, and continuing professional development education for architects. He supervises doctoral research and teaches at the University of Wales Trinity St David, Institute of Inner City Learning. An Australian Londoner, he lives in a small Kennington flat, and sometimes on his canal narrowboat, and performs carnival music. He has worked in architecture practice and office space analysis in Germany and UK, and has completed specialist courses on subjects including Italian stone in Verona, Swiss ceramics in Laufen and Austrian building electronics in Graz. During the recent pandemic, he completed a six month Diploma in Transformational Life Coaching and a 50 day course on positive intelligence. His PhD research investigated the roles of diverse street occupations in inner city station areas in London and Frankfurt. His thesis at the University of Westminster in London is “Occupying Streets: Street Design in Railway Station Areas in London and Frankfurt” (2015). In short, his research analyses diverse placemaking aspects of streets, balancing motorised transport uses with pedestrian conviviality interests in design and planning, distinctiveness and the urban noir.
Venue & Accommodation
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions in the United Kingdom and the increase in COVID-19 cases in various parts of the world, SPACE International Conferences which will be held in July 2021 including SPACE International Conference 2021 on City Planning and Urban Design.
We use Zoom Webinar platform to actualise our conferences. Before the conference each presenter will get an invitation email via Zoom as a panelist. So, please be sure that you have a zoom account that will enables you to register to the Zoom webinar.
Please note that Zoom webinar invitation emails will be sent to the participants who have already registered to the conference via our website or manually.
|Early-Bird Registration Fees||Late Registration Fees|
|Oral Presentation Only (Students) – On site & Virtual||£150||£175|
|Oral Presentation Only (Regular) – On site & Virtual||£300||£350|
|Virtual Presentation (Students)||£195||£220|
|Virtual Presentation (Regular)||£350||£375|
|Additional Paper (Students)||£150||£150|
|Additional Paper (Regular)||£300||£300|
|Dinner for Listeners||£30||£30|
NOTES FOR CATEGORIES
Authors’ category: In this category, the author should send her/his full paper before the related deadline and present his/her study personally at the conference. Category includes access to all sessions and session discussions, paper presentation (oral), conference e-proceedings, presentation certificate, coffee breaks, lunches and dinner (network gala dinner), conference bag and accessories.
Oral presentation category: In this category, the author present his/her study personally at the conference but will not send full-paper of his/her work as only the abstract of the study will be published in conference proceedings. Therefore, author may choose to publish her/his abstract or may upload an extended abstract of maximum 1000 words. Poster presentations and intensives should register from this category as well. Category includes access to all sessions and session discussions, paper presentation (oral & poster), conference e-proceedings, presentation certificate, coffee breaks, lunches and dinner (network gala dinner), conference bag and accessories.
Virtual presentation category: In this category, the author should send her/his full paper before the related deadline and present his/her study virtually at the conference. The information for preparation of virtual presentations are given directly to the ones registered from this category. Category includes conference e-proceedings, and virtual presenter certificate.
Listeners’ category includes access to all sessions and session discussions, listener certificate, coffee breaks and lunch/es.
|Early-Bird Registration Fees||Late Registration Fees|
|Oral Presentation Only (Students) – On site & Virtual||£105||£120|
|Oral Presentation Only (Regular) – On site & Virtual||£210||£245|
|Virtual Presentation (Student)||£125||£145|
|Virtual Presentation (Regular)||£245||£265|
|Additional Paper (Student)||£120||£120|
|Additional Paper (Regular)||£210||£210|
|Dinner for Listeners||£30||£30|
NOTES FOR CATEGORIES
Oral presentation category: In this category, the author present his/her study personally at the conference but will not send full-paper of his/her work as only the abstract of the study will be published in conference proceedings. Therefore, author may choose to publish his/her abstract or may upload an extended abstract of maximum 1000 words. Poster presentations and intensives should register from this category as well. Category includes access to all sessions and session discussions, paper presentation (oral & poster), conference e-proceedings, presentation certificate, coffee breaks, lunches and dinner (network gala dinner), conference bag and accessories.
|CANCELLATION TIME||REFUNDING PERCENTAGE|
|60 days before the conference||75% of the registration fee (additional pages and papers included)|
|Less than 60 but more than 30 days before the conference||50% of the registration fee (additional pages and papers included)|
|less than 30 days before the conference||none|
Please, note that all the transaction costs are taken from the canceler’s refund balance and refund is done after the conference.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION
- One regular registration with one or more additional papers has only one conference e-proceedings if its category includes.
- If the paper has more than one authors, all the authors attending to the conference should register to the conference by paying the related category fee.
- All poster presentations should be registered in Oral Presentation Category.
- Invitation letters will only be issued once participant’s registration and payment have been completed.
- Invitation letters will be sent by e-mail.
- All full-papers should be written on the given full-paper template within the 10 pages limit. In the contrary case, the full-papers will taken into the template format and additional pages generated due to the full-paper template will be charged to the participant at the Conference Registration Desk during the conference. It is the responsibility of the author to comply with the writing rules.
- Conference e-proceedings and virtual presenter certificate will be sent to Virtual Presenters after the conference.
- Listeners can register and pay their registration fee at the conference registration desk during the conference.
- For any other questions please write to [email protected]
MANUAL REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT VIA BANK TRANSFER
In order to do registration and pay the registration fee via bank transfer please follow the instructions given below.
- Please fill the Registration Form and send a copy of the remittance to [email protected] If you are a student please remember to add supporting documents stating your studentship. The document should be taken from the related university authority so please note that student IDs are not accepted.
- Please deposit your conference registration fee to the following bank account. If you want to be a member and register to the conference as a member, then you can pay conference and membership fees at once. Note that without this guarantee your registration isn’t recognized:
Bank Account Information
Account Holder: SPACE STUDIES OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE LTD.
Bank Name: METRO BANK
Sort Code: 23-05-80
Account No: 28021415
IBAN: GB58 MYMB 2305 8028 0214 15
- After payment of registration fees by Bank Transaction you have to send the receipt of the Bank to our e-mail.
- Please mention your Name, Surname, SPACE Conference and/or membership registration in the explanation part of the Bank Receipt.
- Please remember that your date of payment states Early Bird or Late Registration, not the date Registration form filled.
- The invoices will be sent by mail.
- The conference secretariat has to receive the exact amount of registration fees. If not, the participant has to pay the balance due at the registration desk. Therefore, the participant has to add some Stirling Pounds for the international transaction cost. Any addition received will be reimbursed at the Registration Desk.