SPACE Studies was established with a mission to build multi-layered bridges through space and architecture. The aim is to strengthen the ties not only between various different disciplines but also between those disciplines and society. The disciplines concerned are mainly architecture, planning, urban design and related areas such as (but not limited to) sociology, engineering sciences, psychology, philosophy, history, education, ecology and law.
SPACE Studies of Planning and Architecture is a democratic company which promotes scientific activities related to architecture, planning and urban design in various ways. The company seeks to constitute and develop communication between scientific researchers and society and give them equal respect regardless of their opinion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, or religious orientation. Behaving in an offensive, discriminatory, bullying or predatory way conflicts with SPACE’s ethos. Participants at SPACE organised activities are reminded that behaving respectfully towards their colleagues and in relation to society as a whole is mandatory under SPACE’s ethos.
Scientifically, SPACE aims to:
- enhance the quantity and quality of researches;
- promote the integration of scientific studies with society;
- develop links between institutional patterns and individual/collective actions.
Organisationally, SPACE aims to:
- establish collaborations between university-based research and society;
- promote the exchange of ideas and research results by organising various activities such as conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.;
- establish publications which enable the communication of research results such as the SPACE Newsletter, periodical journals, research books etc.;
- establish various collaborative projects between universities, schools, researchers, students, and society.