SPACE Studies is established with a mission to build multi-layered bridges through space and architecture. Thus, strengthen the ties not only between different disciplines but also between a variety of disciplines and the society. These disciplines can mainly be architecture, planning, urban design and related areas (but not limited) such as sociology, engineering sciences, psychology, philosophy, history, education, ecology, and law.
SPACE Studies of Planning and Architecture is a democratic company, that promotes scientific activities related to architecture, planning and urban design with various ways. The company seeks to constitute and develop communication between scientific researchers and society and have them equal respect regardless of their opinion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, and religious orientation. In this sense, behaving offensive, discriminatory, bullying and predatory conflicts with SPACE’s ethos. Consequently, participants at SPACE organised activities are reminded that respectful behavior to their colleagues and society is mandatory according to SPACE’s ethos.
Scientifically, SPACE aims to:
- enhance the quantity and quality of researches.
- promote the integration of scientific studies with society.
- develop linkages between institutional patterns and individual/collective actions.
Organisationally, SPACE aims to:
- establish collaborations between university-based research and the society.
- promote the exchange of ideas and research results by organising various activities such as conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.
- establish publications which enables the communication of research results such as SPACE Newsletter, periodical journals, research books etc..
- establish collaborative projects with different variations between universities, schools, researchers, students, and society.